We provide laboratory and clinical services to the Great Western Hospital, local GPs and Swindon's Ridgeway Hospital, for NHS and private patients.
Reception and results: 01793 604293
- Biochemistry: 01793 604291
- Blood Bank: 01793 604220
- Cellular Pathology (Cytology and Histopathology): 01793 604999, 01793 605000 or 01793 605002
- Microbiology: 01793 604798
- Mortuary and Bereavement Services
- Pathology Quality and Customer Engagement Manager: 01793 605013
- Phlebotomy reception: 01793 605041
- Virology: 01793 604799
United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS)
Our Blood Sciences, Microbiology and Cellular Pathology laboratories are inspected annually by the United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS) against international standards (ISO15189) and have achieved accreditation. Please select the appropriate accreditation below to view the current schedule of accredited tests. Tests that are not currently accredited are listed within the laboratory service user handbooks below. Tests that are unaccredited have been subjected to the same thorough in- house verification testing prior to being offered to service users and undergo regular quality assurance however they have not yet been reviewed by UKAS to be added to the schedule of accreditation.
The Mortuary service is licensed by the Human Tissue Authority (HTA) and the Blood Transfusion laboratory adheres to the requirements of the Blood safety and Quality Regulations which is regulated by the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA).
UKAS Accreditation Numbers:
- Blood Science service user handbook
- Cell Path service user handbook
- Microbiology service user handbook
To help us to improve our service, please share your feedback through our online Pathology Service User Survey.
For previous survey results please see Pathology User Survey Report - December 2022.