Commercial research is a vital part of the Trust's research portfolio and provides significant opportunities for both researchers and patients.
The Research and Innovation department is committed to supporting commercial research at the Trust wherever possible.
The Trust offers access to outstanding investigators across clinical disciplines, dedicated clinical trials infrastructure and a high level of patient involvement from a population of approximately 300,000.
Facilities on the Great Western Hospital site include:
- Emergency Department
- Acute Assessment Unit
- Acute Cardiac Unit
- Acute Stroke Unit
- Trauma Unit
- Intensive Care / High Dependency Unit
- Intermediate Care Centre
- The Academy education centre
- The Betjeman Centre which runs specialist medical clinics in movement disorder (including Parkinson's disease), stroke, Transient Ischaemic Attack and falls
- The Breast Centre which provides routine breast screening and a symptomatic clinic to women aged 50-70 who are registered with a GP in the local area
- The Pre-operative Assessment Unit, which makes assessments for planned orthopaedic, general surgery, urology, ENT, day surgery and gynaecology cases
- Sleep Service providing a comprehensive diagnostic and treatment service for adults with sleep disordered breathing, in particular Obstructive Sleep Apnoea
- The Brunel Treatment Centre (surgical wing)
- The Shalbourne Suite (private patients)
- Inpatient medical wards including Geriatric, Cardiology, Endocrinology, Gastrointestinal, Respiratory and Oncology/Haematology
- A wide range of other clinics
If you would like to discuss the possibility of conducting commercial research at the Trust, please contact the Research and Innovation team.
If you are a researcher in the Trust and have been approached by a company about taking part in a commercial study, or you have an interest in getting involved in industry led research at the Trust, please contact the Research and Innovation team.
Please contact us.