Hazel Ward is a ward at the Great Western Hospital if you require hospital care during your pregnancy, or if you need your labour to be induced.
We can offer a private room with an adjoining bathroom for a fee.
These rooms are booked on a first come first served basis and are subject to availability.
Please ask a member of staff for further information.
Patients will received meals during their stay on Hazel ward.
We cater for all medical, religious and dietary needs. Please speak to a member of staff who will be able to make arrangements for you.
During the induction of labour, one partner can stay overnight to support the mother.
Following the birth, one partner can stay overnight, this is to support the mother and baby and promote family bonding.
A recliner chair is provided for the partner overnight. We ask that partners do not sleep in the hospital bed, because of the weight limit and infection control risk.
Partners who stay overnight must remain fully clothed at all times.
- Birth partner (during pregnancy): 9am - 9pm
- Birth partner (during induction of labour / after birth): 24 hours per day
- Siblings: 9am - 9pm
- All other visitors: 2pm - 8pm
- Please be advised that one additional visitor is allowed alongside the birth partner
- Children under the age of 16 (unless they are siblings of the newborn) are not permitted on the ward.
Hazel Ward Antenatal
Tel: 01793 604837 or 01793 604839
Hazel Ward Postnatal
Tel: 01793 604833 or 01793 604834
Hazel Ward manager
Tel: 01793 604836
We ask that one member of the family conveys information to other family members, to avoid multiple phone calls.
Great Western Hospital - second floor (please see Floor plan).