The Day Assessment Unit (DAU) provides close monitoring for you and your baby if you develop any complications during your pregnancy.
By finding problems early and providing an individual care plan, we can help you and your partner make informed choices about your pregnancy, which ensures the best possible outcome for you and your baby.
You will also visit the DAU for ultrasound scans during your pregnancy.
What to expect
You may be referred to DAU if:
- Your baby is less active than usual
- You have raised blood pressure
- There are any problems with your baby's growth
- Your baby is overdue
- You have diabetes or problems with your blood sugar
- There is too much or too little water around your baby
- You are having more than one baby
- You have experienced problems in previous pregnancies.
You can be referred to the DAU by your community midwife, your GP or doctor.
You can also refer yourself if you have any worries or concerns about your pregnancy.
2nd floor, Great Western Hospital
Monday - Sunday
(Excluding Christmas Day)
Tel: 01793 604825 or 01793 604826
If you have any concerns out-of-hours, please contact the Delivery Suite which is open 24-hours every day.