We run a Day Assessment Unit (DAU) at Great Western Hospital which provides close monitoring throughout your pregnancy for you and your unborn baby if you develop complications during your pregnancy.
You will find the Day Assessment Unit on the 2nd floor of Great Western Hospital.
The DAU provides comprehensive monitoring throughout your pregnancy for you and your unborn baby and also provides care if you have a complex pregnancy. We provide a high quality co-ordinated service to ensure you receive continuity of care.
- In diagnosing problems early and providing an appropriate and individual plan of care, we help you and your partner make informed choices about your pregnancy which ensures the best possible outcome for you and your baby.
- As you will be seen as an outpatient, you will be able to stay at home with your family for as long as your condition safely permits.
We are committed to continuously training and developing our staff to ensure they are supported to provide a high standard of care.
You will also visit the DAU for ultrasound scans during your pregnancy.
What to expect
You may be referred to the unit if:
- your baby is less active than usual
- you have raised blood pressure
- there are any problems with your baby's growth
- your baby is overdue
- you have diabetes or problems with your blood sugar
- there is too much or too little liquor (water) around your baby
- you are having more than one baby
- you have had problems in any previous pregnancies.
You can be referred to the DAU by your Community Midwife, your GP or a Doctor at GWH.
You can also refer yourself if you have any worries or concerns about your pregnancy.
*Except Christmas Day
You can contact us on:
Tel: 01793 604825 or 01793 604826
If you have any concerns out of normal hours (please see above), please contact the Delivery Suite which are open 24 hours every day.