NHS website: Screening tests in pregnancy
NHS Choices is the NHS's comprehensive health information service.
Find out all about the ultrasound scans and checks and tests you'll be offered as part of your antenatal care, including screening for Down's syndrome, Edwards' syndrome and Patau's syndrome.
Antenatal Results and Choices (ARC)
ARC offers non-directive information and support to parents before, during and after antenatal screening; when they are told their baby has an anomaly; when they are making difficult decisions about continuing with or ending a pregnancy, and when they are coping with complex and painful issues after making a decision, including bereavement.
SOFT UK (Support Organisation For Trisomy 13/18)
SOFT UK was founded in 1990 by two mothers, Christine Rose and Jenny Robbins.
They had discovered first-hand that there was a lack of support and information for families affected by Trisomy 13 (Patau's syndrome), Trisomy 18 (Edwards' syndrome) and related disorders.
Remaining true to its founding purpose, SOFT UK is an organisation run by families for other families.
It provides up-to-date information and non-judgemental support.
The information is evidence-based and prepared in collaboration with professional advisers.
It is always given to complement the advice of the clinicians who work with individual families.
Pregnancy Choices Swindon
Having an unplanned pregnancy can cause confusion, worry, fear etc.
You may feel under pressure to make a decision.
This local support group provides help with unplanned pregnancy and pregnancy loss, through abortion, miscarriage and stillbirth.
They will listen to your concerns and offer you time and space to explore your options.
- Down's Syndrome Association - New parents pack
- Having an 18+0 to 20+6 weeks screening ultrasound scan?
- Alobar holoprosencephaly: description in brief
- Abdominal wall defects: exomphalos (omphalocele) - Information for parents
- Abdominal wall defects: gastroschisis - information for parents
- Bilateral renal agenesis (BRA) - Information of parents
- Cleft lip - Information for parents
- Congenital diaphragmatic hernia (CDH) - Information for parents
- Congenital heart disease - Information for parents
- Lethal skeletal dysplasias - Information for parents
- Trisomy 13 (also called Patau's syndrome or T13) - Information for parents
- Trisomy 18 (also called Edwards' syndrome or T18 - Information for parents
- Neural tube defects (NTDs): anencephaly - Inforamtion for parents
- Neural tube defects (NTDs): open spina bifida (also called spina bifida cystica) - Information for parents
- Amniocentesis test - Information for parents
- Chorionic villus sampling (CVS) - Information for parents