Membership Magazine - Connect
Each quarter we release a new edition of the Connect magazine which includes information about the Trust, upcoming events and news stories, as well as an update on our Trust charity, Brighter Futures and upcoming virtual health talks.
Click below to read recent editions of the magazine:
Annual Members' Meeting
The presentation from the previous meetings are published below:
- Annual Members' Meeting - 26 September 2022 - Presentation
- Annual Members' Meeting - 21 September 2021 - Presentation
Why we have Members
The Trust is part of the NHS, and therefore subject to NHS standards, performance ratings and systems of inspection.
But because we are a Foundation Trust, we are self-governing and so are directly accountable to local communities (please see What it means to be an NHS Foundation Trust).
Who can become a Member
All members of our local community are welcome to join the Trust as a Member.
Anyone who lives within our constituency area and is over the age of 12 can become a Member.
Members of staff are automatically made Members of the Trust on appointment (they can opt out if they wish).
Membership is free.
Benefits of being a Member
- Receive information about the Trust's activities and Member events including discussion groups and health seminars
- Have a greater say in the services we run
- Elect a Council of Governors to represent your views to the Trust Board of Directors
- Receive updates from the Trust
- Be invited to attend exclusive members events
- Be invited to take part in focus groups to help shape our services
- From the age of 18, be able to stand for election to the Council of Governors
- From the age of 18, be able to join NHS discount scheme, Health Service Discounts, which offers online deals and savings at a range of retailers
- Be consulted on how the provision of our services could be improved
What Members do
You can do as much or as little as you like.
Some of our Members stand to be Governors, attend Members' events and contribute by asking questions or sending emails.
Other Members prefer to simply receive information - it's up to you.
Public Members elect Governors to represent their interests. Our Governors are keen to hear from members who have feedback, ideas or suggestions about how we can improve our services.
If you are a member and would like to contact your governor, please email email@example.com.
How to become a Member
Please see How to become a Member.