We can offer advice and take referrals.
Please signpost patients to our sexual health webpage and advise they call to book an appointment directly.
If you wish to make a written referral, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. The patient will still be required to book in with us directly.
Please contact the team directly to discuss any questions or queries.
Swindon Sexual Health Clinic
Please refer to us for the following services:
- Testing & treatments for STIs (sexually transmitted infections)
- Contraception for young and vulnerable people
- Complex contraception e.g. deep implants, complex medical problems and failed coil fits for contraception/failed coil removals
- Pre and Post exposure prophylaxis for HIV (PrEP & PEP)
- Vaccinations for people with sexual risk.
Please do not refer to us for the following services:
- Coil fits for HRT (Hormone Replacement Therapy)
- Contraception for gynaecological problems
- Genital Dermatology Services for people not sexually active
- Treatment for Thrush & Bacterial Vaginosis
- UTIs (Urinary Tract Infections)
- Routine smear tests.
Complex contraception referrals
For patients that require:
- The removal of a deep or difficult to feel contraceptive implant.
- The removal of an intrauterine contraceptive device (IUCD) with non visible threads.
- The insertion of an intrauterine contraceptive device (IUCD) following a failed insertion in primary care.
Please send a referral letter to our complex contraception clinic - email@example.com.
Please note that we are only commissioned and funded to fit the Levonorgestrel Intrauterine Device (e.g. Mirena) for contraceptive purposes. If a patient needs this for purely gynaecological reasons they will need to be referred to the gynaecology department at the Great Western Hospital.
For patients that require removal of an IUCD with non visible threads please ensure that their referral includes a copy of a recent ultrasound scan (done within the last six months) confirming the presence of the IUCD within the uterine cavity.
For Diploma of the Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Health (DFSRH), FSRH Letter of competence in intrauterine techniques (LoC IUT) and FSRH Letter of competence in subdermal implants (LoC SDI) training, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For LARC updating days, STIF courses and the GP SET days for GUM and contraception, please contact email@example.com for more information.
- Guidance for clinicians on removal of intrauterine contraception
- BASHH have guidelines listed on their website for professionals