This is a multi-disciplinary, community service for patients with a confirmed diagnosis of:
- Parkinson's disease
- Progressive Supranuclear Palsy
- Cortico Basal Degeneration
- Multiple System Atrophy
It is for patients in:
- Parts of North Wiltshire
The service provides:
- Assessment within the clinic, or where indicated in the home or care home environment.
- Advice via a telephone helpline for:
- Family members
- Clinical staff
- Regular medication reviews, support and advice to manage symptoms in conjunction with the patient and their family to enable living well with Parkinson's
- Swindon Intermediate Care Centre (SwICC)
- Betjeman Centre, GWH
- Calne Family Health Centre, Broken Cross
- Malmesbury Primary Care Centre
- Savernake Hospital, Marlborough
Please see Service locations listing and map.
|Saturday, Sunday and bank holidays||Closed|
Most of your repeat prescriptions should be provided by your GP.
There may be certain drugs that can only be prescribed by a hospital doctor; if you require a repeat prescription for one of these drugs please contact (please see below) with at least two weeks' notice.
If you are currently being seen by the Memory Service at the Victoria Centre, and they are prescribing memory-related medication, please phone for repeat prescriptions:
Tel: 01793 327800
For general advice on Parkinson's medication and how they work, please see the Parkinson's website: Parkinson's drugs.
Please bring with you a list of your current medications to any appointments with the nurses or doctors.
Parkinson's Nurses and Therapists Helpline
Tel: 01793 646436
We aim to return your call or email within 72 hours.
If your enquiry relates to a consultant (medical) appointment or repeat prescription (please see below):
Tel: 01793 605106 or 01793 605108