Patients who attend hospital for a clinic or treatment, but do not stay overnight, are called 'Outpatients'.
The main Outpatient service covers clinical activity based at Great Western Hospital within:
Expected waits for first appointment (general)
|Service||Expected wait (weeks)|
|Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT)||18|
|Trauma and Orthopaedics||7|
Let us know if you do not plan to attend
If you will not be attending your appointment, please let us know as soon as possible so that we can give your appointment to another patient.
To cancel or rearrange your appointment:
- Call the Booking Centre: 01793 604080
- Text CANCEL in response to your text message reminder.
You will receive a text reminder if we have your mobile number. If we do not have your mobile number and you would like to receive a text reminder, call the Booking Centre.
If you have symptoms of COVID-19, please do not attend. Let us know and we will rearrange your appointment.
If you cancel your appointment you may be putting your health at serious risk.
What you need to know before attending your appointment
- Please do not arrive too early for your appointment as we need to maintain social distancing in waiting areas.
- Masks are no longer required in most areas of the hospital but are still required at all times in the following departments:
- Emergency Department
- Front-door assessment areas
- Oncology and Haematology (e.g. Dove Ward)
- Cohort areas (e.g. Neptune blue zone)
- During outbreaks of respiratory infections
- Please wash your hands thoroughly and use the hand gel provided.
- Please follow the signage and directions displayed throughout the hospital.