Our team is made up of two respiratory physiotherapists and our purpose is to provide specialist treatment and advice for outpatients with respiratory conditions, in line with national recommendations.
The service offers a course of treatment as required, depending on your diagnosis and needs.
Physiotherapy Department, Modular facility, South Car Park, Great Western Hospital
Common conditions we treat
- COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
- Breathing pattern disorders (eg Chronic Hyperventilation Syndrome)
- Interstitial lung disease
- Pulmonary fibrosis
- Cystic fibrosis.
Treatments we offer
- Breathing retraining
- Sputum clearance techniques
- Advice on lifestyle management when living with a respiratory condition
- Breathlessness management
- Relaxation techniques
These are usually made by:
- Respiratory nurses
- Speech and language therapists
All referral letters should include the reason for referral, the diagnosis if known, medical history, and a current medication list.