Physiotherapy is proven to be highly effective in the treatment of joint problems, soft tissue injuries and in rehabilitation following fractures and orthopaedic surgery.
- Spinal problems including:
- Low back pain
- Neck problems
- Spinal operations
- Lower limb problems including:
- Knee pain
- Hip complaints
- Ankle complaints
- Upper limb problems including:
- Frozen shoulders
- Tennis elbow
- Elbow fractures
- Shoulder fractures
- Treatment rooms and cubicles
- A gymnasium
- A hydrotherapy pool
- Outpatient Department, Great Western Hospital - near the north entrance on the ground floor (please see Floor plan)
- We provide a physiotherapy service at West Swindon Health Centre
- We also have physiotherapists who work at these GP surgeries:
|Saturday, Sunday and bank holidays||Closed|
What to expect
Your first appointment, in which you will receive a full assessment, will normally be around 20 minutes long
You will be diagnosed and provided with exercises and advice, and given a follow-up appointment if required.
You may receive a longer appointment as appropriate to the referral we receive.
You will then be provided with the most appropriate treatment for your condition/injury.
This can include either or any combination of:
- Manual therapy of soft tissue or joint
We have several clinical specialist physiotherapists in shoulder, lower limb and spinal rehabilitation.
They have extensive knowledge and experience and also work closely with orthopaedic consultants in clinic.
They are authorised to arrange x-rays and scans.
If you attend an orthopaedic clinic following a fracture or injury, you may be seen by the physiotherapist on duty.
He or she will assess you and provide exercises and/or refer you for further physiotherapy as appropriate.
We run several physiotherapy outpatient classes - please follow the links to the left.
Musculoskeletal assessment and treatment
Tel: 01793 696642