We provide a range of MRI examinations, including MRI breast imaging for genetic screening and MRI angiograms.
Great Western Hospital - ground floor (please see Floor plan).
|Saturday, Sunday and bank holidays||9.00am-5.00pm|
What to expect
This video shows you what to expect when you visit us for an MRI scan:
- You will be asked to report to Scanning Reception, and be booked in for your appointment by a booking clerk.
- You will then be directed to the appropriate waiting area.
- You will be called through to the scanning area, and if necessary asked to change into a gown.
- Depending on the examination you are having, you may then be seated in our cannulation area, to have a cannula (small tube that is inserted into the body) inserted for a contrast injection during the scan.
- You will be informed when you arrive if this is necessary.
- Once the scanner is available, you will be taken into the room to have your examination. We will explain what we are doing, and what the scan will entail.
- Once the scan is complete, you will be escorted to either the cannulation area (to have the cannula removed), or to the cubicle to change, and receive any relevant aftercare.
- Your consultant's team will be in touch to arrange a follow up, if this has not already been arranged with you or you may be asked to go back to your GP in two weeks if it was your GP who referred you.
MRI Bookings Desk
Tel: 01793 605047
Please see the NHS website: MRI scan.