The Outpatient Welcome Liaison Service at the Great Western Hospital can provide patients and carers with support from a hospital volunteer for outpatient appointments.
The volunteer will meet you on arrival, accompany you to your appointment, wait with you and escort you to your transport home.
Who it's for
The service is free to all outpatients and carers of patients attending outpatient appointments*.
How we can help
- Being accompanied by a friendly volunteer can help you feel less anxious.
- The service is handled discreetly, and with minimal fuss, to benefit patients who are nervous, anxious or have dementia.
- We support carers. A volunteer can sit with the person you care for, so you can attend your appointment without having to worry about the person you care for.
- Being relaxed will help you remember more of what is said during your appointment.
How to access the service
At least five working days before your appointment, please phone 01793 604046 and leave:
- Your name
- Some information about the appointment
- Your phone number
A volunteer will call you back within three working days to arrange a time and place to meet you.
*This service is subject to the availability of our volunteers.