Freedom of Information (FOI)

We routinely publish a range of information on our website - please see Publication scheme.

Requests for information not routinely available

In accordance with the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and recommendations by the Information Commissioner's Office anyone can request information which we hold.

We aim to provide you with the information requested within 20 working days. If this is not possible we will let you know why.

Making a request

Please make your request by email or by post to:

Freedom of Information Lead
Great Western Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
The Great Western Hospital
Marlborough Road

Please be clear about what you want

Please be specific about the information you need, including dates and time periods. Requests for "everything you have" about a subject will mean that we have to contact you to clarify your request.

Is it too big a request?

If it will cost us more than £450 to deal with your request, we do not have to provide the information.

Factors we will take into account in deciding whether a request is too big are the time and resources involved in:

  • Checking whether the information is held
  • Locating the information or documects containing the information
  • Retrieving such information or documents
  • Extracting information from documents.

You may therefore be asked to clarify your request to reduce the amount of information required.

Re-use of Trust information

If you are seeking to re-use information held by the Trust, e.g. by publishing it on your own website for commercial gain, you will need to apply to the Trust for a licence.

There is normally a charge for such re-use of Trust information. The amount will depend on the information and the duration of the licence.

If you are dissatisfied with our response

If you are unhappy with a refusal to disclose information you should firstly complain to the Trust.

If you continue to be dissatisfied with the response you can then appeal to the Information Commissioner who will investigate the case and either agree with the Trust's decision or decide that the information must be disclosed.

The address for the Information Commissioner is:

Wycliffe House
Water Lane

Questions, comments or complaints

Any questions, comments or complaints about the way in which the Trust publishes information and responses to requests under the terms of the Freedom of Information Act, should be sent in writing to the:

Chief Executive
Great Western Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Great Western Hospital

Report a problem with this web page

Please contact us at and we'll put it right.

Translate this page: