What we do
Provide wheelchairs and specialist wheelchair seating for permanent use, to children and adults who are registered with a Swindon GP.
Our team of dedicated Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists and a Rehab Engineer carry out comprehensive assessments of clients' needs.
To allow our clients to be as independently mobile as possible, we issue:
- Manual wheelchairs
- Powered wheelchairs
- Specialist wheelchair seating
- Pressure-relieving wheelchair cushions
We work alongside Medical Engineering to provide custom-made seating and adaptations to wheelchairs where off-the-shelf products do not meet individual needs.
How to access our services
Please see Referrals and re-referrals.
Provision of equipment will be considered where the client meets all of the following criteria:
- The client is registered with a Swindon GP
- The client has been referred to the Service by their GP or Registered health professional
- The client has a long-term, permanent diagnosed physical condition that restricts their mobility
- The client requires the use of a wheelchair for at least four days per week
- The client requires the use of a wheelchair for at least two hours per day
Service operating times
|Saturday, Sunday and bank holidays||Closed|
There is no out-of-hours service.
If you'd like to know how the Swindon Wheelchair and Specialist Seating Service can help you, contact your GP for a referral; or you can contact us directly:
Tel: 0303 333 1460
Swindon Wheelchair and Special Seating Service
Unit 12, Birch
If you only want to use a wheelchair temporarily or occasionally, please contact the Red Cross on 01793 853723.