Your health is your responsibility.
We can advise you about your medications.
Here are some links and tips to help you look after the rest.
Sleep problems are common, and can impact all aspects of your life and health.
There are often simple things you can do to improve your quality of sleep.
Try the following ideas:
Top tips for sleep
- Avoid tea, coffee, coke, chocolate and other products containing caffeine after midday
- Try not to sleep during the day
- Relax by reading or listening to music before you go to sleep
- Get into a routine - sleep and wake at the same time each day
Arthritis UK: Sleep and Arthritis leaflet
Please see Arthritis Research UK leaflet: Sleep and arthritis.
Sleep mind map and hints leaflet
Please see the Sleep mind map and hints leaflet.
Arthritis UK: Sex and Arthritis
Patients are often embarrassed to talk about sexual problems.
These may be related to your underlying disease or medication, or may affect other aspects of your life and relationship.
For advice and more information, visit the Arthritis Research UK website: Sex, relationships and arthritis.
Rememberthat you can talk to your rheumatologist if you are concerned that your condition is impacting your sex life or relationship.
Arthritis UK: Pregnancy and Arthritis leaflet
Please see Arthritis Research UK leaflet: Pregnancy and arthritis.
- Arthritis Foundation: Pregnancy, Family Planning & Arthritis
- National Rheumatoid Arthritis Society (NRAS): Rheumatoid Arthritis & Pregnancy
- Arthritis Research UK: Pregnancy and arthritis
- Arthritis Research UK: Drugs, pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Maternity Services
Rheumatology patients often struggle with symptoms of fatigue and tiredness.
It is a common and difficult problem but can often be helped if addressed.
Here are a few helpful tips and links:
Top Tips for Fatigue
- Re-evaluate your sleeping habits to make sure you are getting a restful, refreshing sleep each night
- Ensure you are eating good meals three times a day
- Exercise regularly to boost mood and energy levels
- Make sure you drink plenty of water throughout the day
Fatigue and Arthritis mind map and spoon theory leaflet
Please see the Fatigue and Arthritis mind map and spoon theory leaflet.