We provide support to help you quit smoking during your pregnancy and after giving birth.
We will develop a plan together to help you to quit as soon possible, but stopping smoking now will make a big difference to your health and the health of your developing baby.
Reasons to quit smoking
The earlier you give up smoking in pregnancy, the more likely it is that these apply:
- Reduced risk of stillbirth or premature birth
- Increased chance of a healthy weight at birth
- Reduced risk of cot death
- Lower risk of health problems for parent and baby, such as asthma and lung infections
- Reduced chance of child becoming a smoker which increase life longevity
- Reduced stress levels for parent and baby
Can I cut down instead of quitting altogether?
Cutting down may not actually reduce your exposure to carbon monoxide and the chemicals found in cigarette smoke.
Quitting smoking completely is the best way to keep you and your baby safe from the dangers of cigarette smoke.
Our Specialist Stop Smoking Midwife is here to support you.
Specialist Stop Smoking Midwife
Tel: 07585 402192