It is important to us that you receive high quality care throughout your pregnancy and birth.
We use the Friends and Family Test as a way of collecting your feedback. It lets us know about the things we are doing well and the things that we could improve for the future.
Throughout your pregnancy and after the birth you will be asked by staff to complete a Friends and Family feedback form at the following stages:
- At around 36 weeks for the antenatal care you have received with your Community Midwife and any clinics you may have attended.
- Following delivery for the delivery care that you have received either in Delivery Suite, White Horse Birth Centre or at your home birth.
- Before you go home for the postnatal care you have received (does not apply to home births).
- Before you are discharged to the Health Visitor's care for the postnatal care your Community Midwife has given you.
You can complete these by hand and you can either post them into the boxes on our unit, or hand them to a member of staff or complete online - see the links below.
All forms are short and will take less than five minutes to complete; they have questions which will ask you to give ratings as well as the opportunity to make specific comments if you'd like to.
Your comments are completely anonymous therefore if you would like specific feedback about a particular part of your care or you would like to make a complaint either call the manager of that area or Customer Services (PALs).
All Friends and Family Test results are anonymously published so your feedback may help other patients decide where they want to have their care in pregnancy and birth.
How to give us your feedback
Please complete the appropriate online form:
- Antenatal Services
- Delivery wards
- Postnatal in the Community
- Postnatal at the Great Western Hospital
Maternity Voices Partnership Plus
Maternity Voices Partnership Plus is the voice for those who use local maternity and health visiting services.
Parent volunteers collect feedback from women, birthing people and families across the Bath and North East Somerset, Swindon and Wiltshire region about the care that they receive or have received during pregnancy, labour, birth and in the first couple of weeks after their baby is born.
They share this anonymously with the staff at hospitals and health visiting services, to see where improvements and changes can be made, and where things are working well.
You can also send feedback via their online Maternity Voices Partnership Plus surveys, by email, by phone or they can arrange to meet with you in person.
Please see the Maternity Voices Partnership Plus website.