Our responsibility to you
- We will treat you with courtesy and respect and aim to provide you with a helpful, friendly, and effective service.
- We will respond to your enquiries and requests and we will listen to, and tackle, your complaints.
- We welcome your suggestions for improvements to our services.
- Library staff cannot accept responsibility for your personal possessions.
Your responsibility as a library user
- Please register to use the library before you use our resources.
- Please respect other library users and library staff. It's helpful if you can keep noise to a minimum. Please step out of the library to make or receive phone calls.
- It's important that you tell us about any change of postal or email address, or telephone numbers.
- Please look after your library card.
- A valid library card or ID badge can be presented to borrow or renew items.
- Food and drink may be brought into the library; all spillages must be cleaned up immediately.
- You may be able to use your library card at other NHS libraries in the south west.
Borrowing from us
- Please renew or return your books by the due date.
- Due to the uncertainty of the pandemic, we are not currently charging fines on overdue books. However, we encourage you to return books promptly so that they can be available for others. Unfortunately, we have to charge for damaged or non-returned items.
Using PCs, printing, and photocopying
- There is no charge for printing
- We ask you to respect current UK copyright law and the terms of the NHS Copyright Licence
- Trust IT policy covers the use of PCs in the library