The Acute Physiotherapy Team provides treatment for patients who have been admitted to acute medical wards at the Great Western Hospital.
Our purpose is to:
- Provide a high quality physiotherapy service for inpatients and some outpatients based on government guidelines and standards
- Help and support patients in promoting their independence and their return to previous physical, psychological and social function
- Work to ensure patients are discharged from hospital, or transferred to other community-based services in a safe and timely way
- Provide specialist support for women's health, respiratory and neurological conditions and for patients who need ongoing support on their discharge from hospital
We cover a range of wards and specialities including:
- Critical care (including intensive care)
- Elderly care
Our role is to:
- Provide some early physiotherapy for patients
- Provide critical and preventative chest physiotherapy for patients with certain respiratory problems
- Assess patients' potential for rehabilitation, set goals and make or assist in the referral process for rehabilitation
Great Western Hospital - ground floor (please see Floor plan).
|Saturday, Sunday and bank holidays||Closed*|
Tel: 01793 605126
*For the weekend/night service:
Tel: 01793 604020
The acute stroke physiotherapists are based on Falcon Ward (Acute Stroke Unit).