Community Rehabilitation Team (CRT)
This is a home-based integrated community team of:
- Occupational therapists
- Rehabilitation assistants
- Social workers
- Reablement workers
The team supports:
- Adults over 18
- Those registered with a Swindon and Shrivenham BSW Together GP
- Those eligible for social care under Swindon Borough Council
- Those who consent to referral to our service from a health and/or social care professional
What to expect
- Assess for any difficulties or problems in your home environment that are impacting your function, lifestyle or routine as a result of injury, illness or disability.
- Set and agree goals with you and review your progress regularly.
- Formulate a specific treatment plan to restore movement and function which may include gait re-education, movement and exercise therapies, manual therapy, education and advice.
- Enable you to overcome any barriers that prevent you from doing the activities that matter to you.
- Identify any risks in your home environment and work with you to maximise your confidence, safety and independence.
- Refer on or signpost onto other health and social care and voluntary services to develop and maintain and lifestyle changes.
What we will need from you
We will ask you to:
- Work with us
- Willingly participate in treatment session
- Independently complete the individualised exercise programmes we teach you
- Be committed to making changes to your environment and lifestyle to enable you to reach the goals we have agreed together
Woodlands Therapy Centre
Location: Swindon Intermediate Care Centre (SwICC) - please see Service locations listing and map.
Consultant referral is required for this service.
- Movement Disorders Service
We provide assessment and rehabilitation to people diagnosed with neurological diseases such as Parkinson's disease, MSA and PSP.
We hold newly diagnosed clinics, annual reviews, Booster exercise groups and 1:1 treatment sessions.
- Falls and Vestibular service
For people who have experienced or are at risk of falls and or dizziness.
We provide evidence based falls prevention exercise groups and 1:1 sessions.
Discharge to assess beds
Based at Fessey House Residential Home, this service provides a multidisciplinary assessment to work closely with you to facilitate an appropriate discharge plan.
This service provides physiotherapy only to adults with long-term physical disabilities who attend OK4U.
The team will work closely with you in your home to identify your personal needs so we can create a plan suited to your requirements and requests.
As the individual achieves their goals, the support will be gradually reduced over a period of weeks so they are left with the appropriate level of support required to enable them to live their lives as they wish to.
Referral is via health and social care professionals.
Community Rehabilitation Team
For all services except the Woodlands Therapy Centre
Tel: 01793 607710
Woodlands Therapy Centre
Tel: 01793 646432