We recognise that some people have a disability, sensory loss or impairment which means that they need some assistance with accessing our services, or with obtaining information about them.

How to tell us about your needs

If you require any assistance, please tell us by completing the short My Needs online form.

If you have a carer, you can ask them to complete the form on your behalf. 

How we will meet your needs

We will:

  • Ask you if you have any information or communication needs, and find out how to meet them
  • Record those needs clearly in your health records, which will then enable our staff to organise the help you need, every time you use our services
  • Flag your file or notes so it is clear that you have information or communication needs and how to meet those needs
  • Share information about your needs with other providers of NHS and adult social care, when we have consent or permission to do so
  • Act to take steps to ensure that you receive information that you can access and understand, and receive communication support if you need it

Your privacy

The information you provide will only be used for providing the assistance you need; it won't be used for any other purpose.

For further details, please see our Privacy Notice for Patients