(This information is for staff who are working remotely and may not have access to the intranet.)
Health and wellbeing plan
Please download our Health and wellbeing plan 2021-2025.
Supporting you during the COVID-19 pandemic
Download the booklet (pictured): Staff health and wellbeing - Supporting you during the COVID-19 pandemic.
COVID-19 Special Leave Form
If you need to self-isolate and will not be attending work for up to 14 days, please complete the COVID-19 Special Leave Form.
Our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) (Life & Progress)
- Call 0800 083 3375 on the 24/7 advisory telephone serviceas the initial point of contact for emotional and/or practical concerns
- The EAP offers a range of practical and emotional support (including up to six telephone/virtual counselling appointments) and wellbeing webinars on the website
- They also offer specialist management training and support (managing conflict, managing a team)
- Please see the Life & Progress website
In-house support from Health and Wellbeing Team
(Includes counselling and clinical psychology.)
- Up to six counselling appointments (face-to-face in GWH, or telephone/virtual)
- In-reach training sessions (on self-care strategies, mindfulness, communication skills)
- In-reach reflective/decompression groups (following a challenging incident/period)
- 1:1 psychology mentoring support (e.g. how to have difficult conversations)
EAP and in-house support are confidential and available by self-referral for personal issues (e.g. stress at home, relationship difficulties, low mood, anxiety and bereavement) and/or work-related matters.
Further information is available in the Staff health and wellbeing section on the intranet.
- First floor: Chaplaincy Quiet Room
- Ground floor: Physiotherapy department
- Orbital offices: IT Director's office, next to reception.
External Support Telephone Services
- National NHS staff support line - call 0800 069 6222 (7.00am-11.00pm) for free wellbeing support. Or text FRONTLINE to 85258 (24/7).
- National bereavement support line - confidential, free and available seven days a week, 8.00am-8.00pm - 0300 303 4434
Wellbeing apps available to download on your mobile device
(Search in your device's app store.)
- Unmind Headspace
- Liberate Meditation
- Life & Progress EAP In Your Pocket
- Dr Julian Appointment App
Mental Health First Aiders (MHFAs)
- Staff members who have received the two-day mental health first aid training programme (Training facilitated by internal Health and Wellbeing Team, accredited by MHFA England)
- MHFA training increases awareness of mental health difficulties, teaches skills in how to respond to colleagues who are experiencing such difficulties, and where to signpost them for support
- The list of our MHFAs is available in the Staff health and wellbeing section on the intranet
- Contact the Health and Wellbeing team for more information about becoming a MHFA